Tuesday, December 30

looking ahead

A new calendar year is just around the corner, and while I am not one for making resolutions (because I generally am so bad at keeping them), I am looking ahead to what 2009 will and may bring (at least the first half of the year):
  • a new doctor! I have finally made that appointment and will see the new doctor early in the year
  • a new spiritual discipline - I'm praying my way through the church directory - seven families a week. I'm sending out a postcard the week before, letting them know that I'll be praying for them, and asking them to let me know if they have prayer concerns. (I hope that I stay focused on this throughout the year...I tend to start things like this strong and then get distracted by a new idea)
  • a new apartment - probably - after being burglarized twice during my time here, I don't feel safe; also, I'm in a downstairs apartment and not close to much, so I am looking to change that. We'll see what happens.
  • the end of my thesis journey!...please, God. I am oh, so close to being done, and am in the midst of scheduling my committee (please let Marty say Feb 13 works for her!) and should be working on that rather than writing here; but I am determined to be done by the deadline (which happens to be Feb 13...and then filing by April).
  • A return to the TA role - my adviser has asked me to TA the intro to worship class, which I have done thrice before. I am thrilled to keep in touch with the seminary and academia in this way!
  • Graduation in May!! I could graduate twice...we'll see.
  • after March, I'll be into the "seconds" at ALC - 2nd Palm Sunday, 2nd Easter, 2nd Memorial Day, etc. It'll be nice to have some history in this place and not be on the deep learning curve the whole time.
Now, for what I hope I'll do as well
  • I need, need, need to spend time, energy and focus on my health. I need to focus on better nutrition and moving my body more. So simple, in theory, so complex in implementation. I've discovered that living alone makes it so easy to slip into bad habits and stay there. No one to notice (or nag) if I eat cookie dough for dinner or read that hour in the AM instead of walking.
  • I also need to get back to ND this summer - see family and friends. Greta's death, and talking with my aunt, Thelma, solidified that. I'm contemplating a road trip visiting friends along the way...again, we'll see.
well - that's what on my mind tonight. I hope that the two of you that read this have a very Happy New Year's Eve.

1 comment:

SHMT said...

You'll graduate twice in May? How many masters' degrees do you need? :-)