Saturday, December 13

saturday, part 2

sometimes I wonder what God is up to in the world...if God is up to anything, even. The younger sibling of the victim of the abuse I've posted about - this 18-year old is dying. He had aplastic anemia. At the time of the trial in October, he had started chemo, and because no bone marrow donor was available, received a cord blood transplant. The bone marrow has not started done what it was supposed to, and he decided to check out of the hospital and spend his last days at home with his family. His 19th birthday is tomorrow, and with all this family has been through, it seems just too much to deal with this, too. As a parent, how do you watch your children go through so much that you can't fix, when all one wants to do is make it better.

So, prayers for this family are appreciated. I know God is in the midst of all of this - it just irritates me that this family has so much piled on them.

1 comment:

SHMT said...

Oh man, that sucks. I'm so sorry to hear this. I will keep them in my prayers.