Wednesday, December 24

Happy Christmas Eve

So, I'm snuggled back in bed (I love laptops!)...considering my sermon. I'm going with a "hook" discovered just yesterday (thanks semfem!) - about seeing yourself at the manger. We often talk about seeing ourselves at the cross, but at the manger is a new idea for me. We have screens and projectors in ALC's nave, so a few weeks ago I put together a powerpoint of nativity images, from different times and locations. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but now I know. Now, however, as the last minute rapidly approaches, I have to practice in the space with the remote control, make sure the images I have chosen actually show up OK (we're having color issues with the projector) and also practice the timing, and make sure I have good notes. Ugh. It's a lot.

So, I'll go in early afternoon, do that; prep and serve at the 5PM Children's worship; run home, get Dad, return for 7PM worship; return Dad to apartment; return to ALC for the waiting period, and then the 11PM service; return home to sleep; get up and do Christmas. Sr. Pastor has (semi-reluctantly) given me permission to not make an appearance for Christmas Day service (he took off Thanksgiving Eve, so it seems fair to me - also, we have a guest preacher, so having two presiders seems a bit over the top). So, unless the guilt overwhelms me, Christmas Day will be spent in flannel pants, opening gifts and eating the traditional family meal.

Happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas to you.

2 comments:

SHMT said...

When I first read this I read unless the "quilt" overwhelms me. I guess that would make sense, too. Enjoy the time with your dad, good luck with the power point, and Merry Christmas!

semfem said...

I'm just reading this now, a bit late, but I'm glad my idea sparked something for you! As I wrote I thought, "oh, I wish I could do a slideshow for this." So I'm glad you got it to work.