Thursday, December 4

thoughts

so this morning went OK - two people from the congregation showed up, and I had a long conversation with a random person. So, I count it as a success. 

a short time ago, in a courtroom in Kansas, the perpetrator of the sex offense that I wrote about previously was sentenced to 59 months in prison. That is 4 years, 11 months. That is a long time. As I've said, I'm glad I don't have to make that decision, and I trust that the judge did so with thought and consideration for the facts of the case. My heart breaks for his wife and family. My heart has broken many times over for the victim. This is just a messy, messy thing. I don't, even a little, celebrate this sentencing, but I also recognize that it is likely the right thing, and that his actions do have consequences - it's just that these consequences bleed over and affect many, many other people. Prayers for peace are raised up today.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

Good for the coffee experience!

And yes, four years and eleven months is a LONG time! Oh, what a crappy situation. Yes, prayers for everyone!!