Sunday, December 28

sudden sadness

So...in between the two services this morning, I drove home to pick up Dad for the second service. When we arrived at the church, I had a message on my office phone from my dad's sister, Thelma. The sister between them in age, Greta, died unexpectedly this morning. We were able to catch Thelma on her cell phone as she and her husband were driving to Bismarck, and now we wait for her return call with more information. No details were known about Greta's death when we spoke with Thelma, and of course no information about services. I'm hoping that the timing of the service lets me take advantage of cheap, cheap flights from Cali to Bismarck (a rare thing, indeed, and even rarer on short notice)

So, we're sad in this place - Dad is the oldest of the four siblings, and was close to his sisters, so even though he won't talk about feelings, I know he's sad and all of that. He flies back to ND tomorrow (has always been the plan) and I may be seeing him much sooner than thought.

2 comments:

SHMT said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt--it's tough when it's sudden like that. And I know about the not talking about feelings--I'm never quite sure what to say to my family when I come up against that wall. Good luck with the travel plans, and keep me posted.

k-bomb said...

Love Hugs Kisses and peace when there are no words.
Love you!