Friday, January 2

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five

As we look back we may come to understand how God has worked in and through us in joy and sadness. how we have grown against what may seem impossible odds. As we look forward we may do so with expectation, and we may do so with fear and trembling. As we look back and forward in New Years liminality I offer you this simple yet I hope profound Friday Five in two parts:

First list five things that you remember/ treasure from 2008
1. My first call! Gainfully employed after an extended period of waiting.
2. My ordination - the service was powerful and meaningful and all that I hoped it would be.
3. The visits with SM and KR - their ordinations, my ordination, Shakespeare at Ashland, vacation in MT, yurt!...I treasure their friendship and was blessed to be able to see them so often in 2008. I fear that '09 won't have as many opportunities.
4. Seeing family...my dad's visit for Christmas, and my brother's visit in November before deploying to Iraq. It was good to spend time with him before he left - and on that note, I am in great debt to the person(s) who developed Skype. It allows us to keep in touch through chat, voice and video....for FREE!!
5. The great staff I work with at ALC - it's had its challenges, but I'm extremely blessed to be working with such a great group of people.


Then list five things that you are looking forward to in 2009
...I actually did this a few days ago in my last post, so if you're interested, scroll down a bit.

A Happy and Blessed 2009 to all.

3 comments:

Terri said...

what a year...many blessings for the one ahead!

SHMT said...

Yurt! Sigh... Will 09 contain a yurt adventure, I wonder?

Rev Honey said...

I have prayed through the church directory...it is a very meaningful commitment to God's people. Blessings to you in your writing, teaching, and the "2nds" that are coming soon!