Sunday, December 14

sad

the young man mentioned in my previous post died this afternoon. He was at home, as he wished. His family, a hospice nurse and a Stephen minister from the family's church (who is also a family friend) were all present around his bedside. It is also his 19th birthday.

I start crying when I think of this. It is just so sad, and it was such a gift for him to be home with everyone there surrounding him as he died. But, he was only 19...and only 19 for a few hours when he died. It just sucks. There are no words that will make this better for anyone - the blessing is that he was tired of the hospital and the tests and the transfusions, and he is done with all of that. 

I trust that God is present with this family, and I pray for peace and solace for them as they approach Christmas and the months and years to follow without this funny, smart and amazing young man in their daily lives. 

1 comment:

SHMT said...

I'm so sorry. I wish I could something more helpful. Love and prayers to you and the family.