Monday, January 12

writing

since Jan 2007 I've been working on a thesis for an MA in Liturgical Studies. Several things - temporal and existential - have delayed and derailed me at different times during this process. BUT...I'm in the home stretch!! Today, I traveled about 15 miles north of home and work to a Roman Catholic retreat center (where I apparently am the only guest)...to lock myself away and write.

I put in a few hours and then took a short walk to a nearby Starbucks to catch up on some emailing, and to do some other stuff on-line. So, I'm getting ready to head back to my "nun room" as I called it on a phone call earlier today, where I will read and write and think and write and write. It has been good to have a space to focus and to not have access to the internet while I'm there. I didn't even bring a book or a magazine to read so I HAVE to work on the thesis...or sleep, I guess. I'm here until 3PM tomorrow, and I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but better late than never.

Prayers and cosmic hope for good writing mojo and persistence are appreciated!

1 comment: