Wednesday, January 21

done, doNE, DONE!

The thesis is done!...mostly. My adviser has a hard copy of the final draft. The exam copies go to the committee members Monday, Jan 26, so I will print them on Sunday. I'm hoping said adviser gets me any suggestions for major edits before then. If not, the committee will get what I've got.

I have had a lot of people cheering for me and commenting that I must be relieved and excited. I'm not. I feel like I should be, but I'm just not there. I know there will be more editing to come...and that it won't feel "done" until after my defense, the edits, the printing and the filing all happen. The day I drop the copies off at the library - then it will feel (and be) "done." On that note, I was hoping that my insomnia would end when I finished and handed it off to my adviser. Apparently not. Yesterday, you see, he said, "no table of contents?", and apparently it was vital that he get one before 6AM today, (at least to some part of my brain) as I woke up at 3:00 am thinking about it and could not go back to sleep. At 4:30 I gave up, did some of the citation editing I needed to do, tried to decipher old German script to retype it for a footnote and then typed the table of contents so I could email it by 5:40am. Seriously? This couldn't have waited until 9:00?

1 comment:

Hughster said...

I know that done isn't Done until it's DOne, but DOEsn't it feel like it's really close to being DONe? In the DAWNIng of the day, doesn't it feel better to being this close to being DONE!!!!!! And now, even the table of contents is DONE! One step closer to having more than 2.85 masters degrees.:) I'm cheering for you!! I say now, call in sick for a few days, curl up on the couch with the remote, and empty a container of ice cream. You have deserved it.