Friday, January 16

Revgalblogs Friday Five

Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?

I am very direct. I say what I think and I don't play political "games" well. I tend to be the one that says, "yeah, but...", or actually names the elephant in the room. It sometimes gets me into trouble...and certainly did when I worked in Division I athletics. 

I have a screwy sense of humor. If someone teases me, I tease back, often with a straight delivery - this strangely often puts people on the defensive of "I was just kidding..." Yes - I'm aware, so was I.

I need my down time. I'm a pretty balanced introvert-extrovert, but I absolutely need time on my own to recharge. So, while I think out loud much of the time, I need to have a quiet space to retreat.

I am so not a morning person. I prefer to ease into the day whenever possible - with a nice, hot cup of coffee, or two, before dealing with many other humans. I can fake it when I have to, but too many days in a row of that and I start to get really, really snarky.

I'm a traveler. Even when I lived in the same town for 11 years, I moved several times to new apartments. I'm often keeping my eyes open for what's next...so I need help and reminders to stay in the moment. Thankfully I have great friends and an awesome spiritual director who help me do just that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you get that downtime at home, or do you need to find it elsewhere? Sometimes I find it's enough to take a bubble bath, behind that closed bathroom door, but other times I need something more structured as "me" time.

SHMT said...

You have a spiritual director? How did I not know this? I'm seriously jealous! And, I so totally get your humor... :-)

Hughster said...

So, I'm reading your blog, a paragraph at a time, expecting one more paragraph that started with; So, I haven't had my alone time to recharge, I'm in a surly/silly mood, it's first thing in the morning, I'm in a meeting, and somebody says,...
I'm pretty sure there's a story that starts like that. :)