Monday, July 16

support

Sometimes when I'm in the midst of a mess it's hard to see the good. As I sit in my dorm room, where I normally can see the lights of San Francisco (tonight it's foggy!), I find myself thinking of all of the support I have received. The good wishes, the prayers, the patience to sit through another bout of me whining...I have amazing family and friends.

It is true that this will all work out, somehow, some way. And in the meantime, I get to live in this amazing place and have a roof over my head and jobs to pay for that roof. I have people at the seminary looking for things for me to do to help with that and their generosity astounds me. When I can back away from the center of the storm and see that I am not alone here, but in fact supported and encouraged and loved by so many people, I can't help but feel blessed and humbled.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, your prayers and your patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katy- You are amazing. I wish you luck in finding a job. I too am on the look out with nothing really panning out. Good luck!
Katie B