Tuesday, July 17

options opening

Today I made some contacts and some progress in opening my options for call. I visited with the campus ministry deployed staff person and talked about options and what I need to do to get on their radar. I do still feel called to campus ministry, but I know that I would learn a lot in a more traditional congregational setting, so my other two contacts were also welcome. I emailed the bishops and one bishop's assistant for the synods to which my paperwork will be sent. One of them has two congregations that have asked specifically for a first call pastor, so that is hopeful. The bishop's assistant from the other synod called me this evening and left a message saying that he was looking forward to finding a time when we could talk about opportunities, so that is a good sign as well.

I was also able to find some motivation today to work again on my thesis and I got some good research done...another good step. Perhaps I am finally coming out of the "pit of despair" (OK, so it wasn't that bad, but if you imagine an Albino humpback saying it...). There are glimpses of hope and I am thankful for that. My heart is lighter and things seem not so bleak tonight.

No comments: