Sunday, July 15

bishop contact

I spoke to "my" bishop on Friday. He told me that there are no congregations right now that are accepting names. There may be one in the next few weeks, although he isn't sure about their openness to a first call person. There is also the possibility of an associate position becoming available as well. He is understanding and compassionate and he certainly didn't want me to be in this position. He offered, reluctantly because he wants me to stay in the synod, to release my name to other synods and he'll get that process started this week.

It looks like I will be a TA for a class in the fall and also do a couple of other part-time gigs at the seminary. So, tomorrow I'll start the process of looking for a mainstay job...Barnes and Noble, Borders and Starbucks are top on the list of phone calls for the morning. If anyone has any suggestions or brilliant ideas, post them in the comments.

No comments: