Saturday, July 7

rejection stinks

I think I should write a catchy little tune for that title...although "love hurts" is running through my head right now.

As the post title indicates, St. Da Kine has released me from their call process. The other candidate they interviewed had more experience in the areas they were looking for. I had to admit, I'm not terribly disappointed, as they had many issues (and a Praise service) that I didn't want to have to deal with, but it still is hard to be rejected. The call committee chairperson phoned last night to give me the news, and I am thankful that they were speedy in letting me know. She ended the call with a little pep talk that caught me as a bit condescending, considering she is aware that I have no job and no home firmly lined up for after July. I have some prospects, which will keep me at the seminary, actually, but nothing is confirmed and I am trying to not put the cart too far before the horse.

Staying in California makes the most sense, as it keeps me closer to churches that may want to interview as well as two major airports. I worry about becoming "the student that never left" but this may be where I am supposed to be right now - everything seems to be lining up in a way that suggests that. As someone pointed out to me recently, it's not like I'm turning down viable options to stay, but rather this may turn out to be a good place for me to ride out this transition time in a city that I love.

I am a bit frustrated and discouraged, but I am trying to trust God's guidance and be alert to what the Holy Spirit is telling me. Not always an easy thing for someone with a patience disorder.

3 comments:

AdelpheBre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AdelpheBre said...

Oh Katy, I know it's selfish, but I'm SO excited you will be in Berkeley for a little while longer at least. I need Grindberg consultations frequently... :)

Anonymous said...

Rejection does stink, no matter how you slice it--I'm sorry to hear this possibility fell through. Apparently your Advent is not quite completed yet...but I'm sure something great will be born at the end of it... :)

(Are you getting tired of that analogy yet?)