Monday, November 24

tuesday

Tomorrow is the sentencing. I'm conflicted. I want justice to be served...but I also wonder if it hasn't been already. He'll never be a pastor in a main-line denomination. He'll be a registered sex offender. Will justice, will society, be served if he serves prison time? I don't know. He used to be a friend...a good friend (or so I thought)...and so I don't want him to be in prison. But should he serve prison time? I just don't know. I am glad that I don't have to decide. A few weeks ago, the victim asked me what I thought should happen - we had an honest discussion...but neither of us knew what the "right" thing would be.

So, today (and tomorrow) I pray as I have been for months - for justice, and for mercy. For peace and healing to infuse the victim, the perpetrator and all affected. And tomorrow - special prayers for the perpetrator, his wife and their families. No matter what, their lives will never be the same.

No comments: