Thursday, November 20

the plant that wouldn't die


This is the plant my brother had delivered for my first day of work at LSLC. I'm generally horrible when it comes to keeping plants alive - my black (rather than green) thumb runs all the way up to my elbow - I once managed to kill a bamboo plant, for pete's sake!

this thing won't die. I dump water in it a couple times a week, rotate it so it gets sun on different parts of it, and leave it alone other than that. It does wilt quite dramatically when it needs water, but a few hours after a good soaking it perks back up to it's original shape. I've had this thing for 8-1/2 months now - and it's not only still alive...but still blooming. It's also a wonderful connection to my older brother, and right now that's a nice thing!

Thank you to all who left encouraging comments on my last post. I appreciate each comment more than I can adequately express. As far as the brother - he talked to my cell phone voice mail yesterday...he's in Kuwait for 10 days of training before heading on to Iraq. Other than being exhausted from travel and a messed up sleep cycle he sounded well. Hopefully next time he calls, I'll be able to take the call.

As far as the case in Kansas - sentencing is next Tuesday. For those of you who are prone to do so, I'm asking for prayers for the perpetrator, his wife and their families. I can't imagine the stress they are all experiencing and I pray that God's peace is with them in this time. And peace to all of you this night as well.

1 comment:

SHMT said...

I love how you say the thing won't die. I know you keep anticipating it, but are you actually hoping for it? :-) Maybe the brother put some kind of non-killing spell on it just for you...