Friday, September 21

the possibility of an opportunity

or so a friend of mine has billed my current situation. I'm a member of a pool of candidates ("a ton" apparently) for a call as an associate in the NW. Over the next week they are culling the group down to 2-3 final candidates. I'm cautiously hopeful - and now know what it means to feel like someplace could be "my call." There's some great ministry happening in this place and I can see myself there - my stregths and gifts could be really be put to use here. I'm calling the senior pastor next thursday (if he hasn't called me yet) to find out if I am one of the final pool. I want to be - I really do, but I'm afraid to want it too badly.

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

The "pool"...it sounds like you should be a lifeguard. I think of you sometimes when I see trainers at football games...huh, am I weird?