Friday, November 23

The RevGalPals Friday Five:

1. Did you go elsewhere for the day, or did you have visitors at your place instead? How was it?
I was the lucky guest at the home of good friends.

2. Main course: If it was the turkey, the whole turkey, and nothing but the turkey, was it prepared in an unusual way? Or did you throw tradition to the winds and do something different?
They decided on a Spanish menu, so we had Sangria, Tapas and were supposed to have Paella, but due to over-feeding on the Tapas and how late the night got, they sent me home with a portion and that's on tap for lunch today.

3. Other than the meal, do you have any Thanksgiving customs that you observe every year?
I am a loyal Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade watcher.

4. The day after Thanksgiving is considered a major Christmas shopping day by most US retailers. Do you go out bargain hunting and shop ‘till you drop, or do you stay indoors with the blinds closed? Or something in between?
I guess this is in-between...I generally dislike shopping, so I don't go near a store, but will check out the websites of favorite retailers and take advantage of any on-line sales.

5. Let the HOLIDAY SEASON commence! When will your Christmas decorations go up?
My Christmas decorations are packed away in the storage pod, so I'm unlikely to put up any this year. I do need to find the makings for an Advent wreath this week, however.

3 comments:

more cows than people said...

what an usual, and probably delicious, thanksgiving feast. it is so great to spend the day with friends!

semfem said...

I love Thanksgivings where the menu doesn't include turkey. Don't get me wrong, turkey is great, but it's really fun to mix it up once in a while.

I'm glad you had a good feast!

k-bomb said...

Yeah, an advent wreath! You're the best!