Thursday, November 22

giving thanks

In the midst of all of this waiting, I have tried to continue to remind myself of the things that I have to be thankful for, and since today is the day, a partial list:
  • family and friends who have been supportive, patient, encouraging and sympathetic; 
  • a place to live; 
  • work to pay for that place - and work that I enjoy, for the most part - work that is enjoyable, challenging and that provides space for me to learn things that will be helpful for my future life; 
  • knowing that I have places to go if this situation no longer is do-able.
It has been a long haul, and only promises to continue. The CA congregation won't likely make a decision until January, the other congregation won't even vote on the new budget (with my salary) until early February. So, I continue to wait, and repeat the mantra "we'll see what happens." 

I hope Thanksgiving is a time of friends, family and fabulous food for all! I'm having a non-traditional meal of Spanish food, but with wonderful, fun, and generous friends, so what could be better?!

No comments: