Friday, October 5

reconnaissance

I drove northeast today to visit the area of the congregation previously mentioned...my name goes in for an associate next Saturday. I didn't get a huge "hell no" feeling, so that was good. I didn't immediately fall in love with it either, but it's a typical outlying suburb of a big city, and the area around the church seems to be older and a little more run down, but less than a mile away there are some new developments under construction, so the congregation is in what seems to be an interesting area. The church itself is on a main thoroughfare (or what seems to be), so it's very visible from the road.

After being hugely disappointed by my last possibility, I am trying to be cautious, emotionally speaking. I have an email out to the assistant to the bishop asking about what the procedure is in this synod, so hopefully soon I'll have some idea about what to expect after he takes names to the congregation.

In my other world, I'm looking for strategies for thesis writing. I need to find a way to write while my life is a roller coaster, and I have quite a few people around me who have had to write in less than ideal circumstances, so they are helping me with suggestions and encouragement, and mostly understanding.

1 comment:

SHMT said...

Hmmmm...the only advice I would have is to keep your hands and arms inside the compartment at all times, b/c it's harder to type with your hands in the air. It's also hard to type when you're throwing up...