Saturday, October 27

the interview

well, I think it went well. As a friend said, "if you showed them the best you, then that's all you can do." I think I did that...show off the best me, that is. The call committee is a group of people that seem to enjoy each other and all love their church, so it was a good time. It was pretty low pressure, which was nice, and I ended the day by spending close to an hour with the senior pastor.

Oh, I could so see myself there. The things they are looking for in this pastor are where my skills and gifts are; the part of CA the city is in is just beautiful with lakes and a river and a new city to explore all right there; I got along well with the senior pastor (although he had Joel Osteen's new book on his shelf...I should have asked, but didn't). Here I repeat my mantra..."we'll see." I supply in a Bay Area congregation in three weeks, so some of the call committee may roadtrip to see me in action, so no pressure there :-) but it is much better than a tape or a video, that's for sure!

But, the downside is that they are considering another candidate and the interview with that person doesn't happen until after Thanksgiving. Sigh. So...more waiting. I've been invited to the regional mobility conference...I may do that. I should check flight prices and see if it is a possibility - it seems like a prudent thing to do, to increase my exposure and my opportunities, and it will help me feel like I'm doing something, which at this point is a good thing!...and a rare thing.

19 comments:

SHMT said...

I think you should have dressed like a pirate for the interview. Or possibly a....VAMPIRE! I'm done now. Really. Maybe....

Muthah+ said...

Hang in there, ktjhawk. The sticker price on everything will make your head reel in CA. But you may have found a new home. I waited for 3 years for my new call to come through. I was just installed on Sat, so prayer works! Mine are with you. But I am not sure that the second coming is nigh simply because the hawks are flying high!

Mary Beth said...

Welcome to RevGals! I'll be reading back on your blog...sounds like you have been through a lot but that you are standing up for yourself GREAT!

Hang in there! Praying for the right call.

Rochelle said...

I wish you all the best with search and call. It can be a long process, that's for sure. Were you in the areas of the fires? Sounds like maybe you're more north from where they were. I hope all is well.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Prayers gone up for your call process.

And welcome to the Rev Gals!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Our "wheat roots" are common, but I went that "other" university on I-70. I have not yet joined RGBP but read and do the Friday Fives.

Blessings on this call process. I am in it also, with another denomination.

QuakerPastor said...

Greetings and Welcome! Glad to have you join this amazing ring...
Stop by and visit--
Quaker Pastor

Sally said...

welcome to revgals- hope your wait is not too painful, and that the news will be good!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes, and welcome!

Processing Counselor said...

Welcome to the Revgals, a really nice group.
And good luck on your search. I once went to an interview to a real job-not a little job or a job while your're in school-and one of the questions was tell me a joke. I didn't get the job.
And I'm very funny!

leah said...

welcome again to the revgals, and many, many blessings as you continue on the journey!

Jan said...

Welcome to RevGals! God is watching over you and holding you as you wait for the right call. Peace.

Iris said...

Welcome! You have a lot of company in the webring with those of us working through discernment issuesright now.

Anonymous said...

Katy: Just wanted you to know that you have a lot of relatives back in ND who are thinking of you and praying for you. We love you. Your aunt Greta

Anonymous said...

Hi Welcome to the Bay Area. Yes, interviews (stink,are terrible, put your favorite ephithet here).. But I'm in the Bay Area (just south of SF) and yes you will get sticker shock here, but it's a great place to do ministry. Oh and welcome to RGBP it's great-- I am a "lurker", so here's my email...gailcromack@msn.com...I too went to Sem in Berkeley...shalom G

Unknown said...

You should keep all your options open.

Good Luck

Anonymous said...

I see Aunt Greta posted at 4 in the morning.
I know she's praying for you, as are we all, but you're even keeping her up nights. :)

KBB

Trinity Lutheran Children's & Family Ministry said...

Greetings and welcome. If you've come from ND you've gotta be pretty o.k. Blessings on the call process--may the Spirit move as quickly as possible! I'll keep you in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!