Saturday, January 30

why do they do that?

So, I had a dentist appointment last week. Thanks to bad dental genes and grad school years without insurance, I have a significant amount of dental work that needs to be done. I started Thursday and during a cleaning, the hygienist points out a gap in my teeth I need to pay attention to. I mumble ('cause her hands and instruments are in my numb mouth) "where?"; to which she replies, "here, where I'm working." I point out that as my mouth is numb I have no idea where that is! She, who numbed me, seemed surprised by this information. Sigh.

2 comments:

k-bomb said...

It's like they have never been in the chair!

I have to go to the dentist on Friday and not looking forward to it. Not so much because I hate going to the dentist but because the last time I was there the dentist kept telling me EVERYTHING he was doing. Not only that but he also wanted to SHOW me what he was doing. I have never seen so much of my own mouth at one time. It was weird.

SHMT said...

Their logic is not like our earth logic...