Friday, January 1

2010

Wow, what an incredibly lazy day and a half. I spent NYE hibernating in my apartment, watching old movies on TMC. I rang in 2010, asleep and dreaming away, cozy in my bed. It's been an incredibly busy and emotional couple of months - what with maybe having my position eliminated in the next few months...or maybe not; being in mobility, but not having much happen there; being annoyed at being single right now (it's one of those phases)...I just didn't want to be around people pretending to be happy and engaged with what was happening. It was just easier and healthier to stay at home and let the turn of the year pass relatively unmarked. Tonight I'm going to a synod youth committee planning meeting, so I'm enjoying the last few hours of peace and quiet before I'm 24 hours with a BUNCH of high energy teens. They are amazing, but I'm just not into the people stuff right now. I should be taking down decorations and packing Christmas away, or cleaning, or finishing the sermon for Sunday, or being productive in some way. But, nope, I spent the morning watching the movies I DVR'd last night (only one Nick, Nora and Asta movie to go).

Next week is the trip to ND to see family (and at least one friend). It's insanely cold there right now, and I'm going to be incredibly whiny, I just know it. The current challenge is to fit a week's worth of cold weather clothing into a carry-on bag. If I "re-purpose" the clothes, I know I can do it!

Now, I think a nap may be in order...I need to be ready for the teens!

No comments: