Monday, December 17

look what we found!

yesterday was my first visit to the church that is in the process of deciding whether to extend me a call...let's call it "Liturgical Season Lutheran Church" (LSLC). I went to the second of two services, (it is a 90 minute drive, so the 8:00 service held little appeal), it wasn't a typical Sunday - it was more of a choir chorale service - so I don't have a sense of their worship style, but I had a lovely time. At the beginning of the service the call committee chair introduced me, and it certainly had the feel of "look what we found!". The people were very welcoming and friendly and I had a lovely time with the senior pastor and his wife after the service.

I continue to think that this is going to be a good match, and am just trying to enjoy the journey. In the meantime I'm working at the sem, in the office of seminary advancement, so things are busy with year-end gifts coming in and getting ready for the round of synod assemblies that will begin all too soon. As we were talking in the staff meeting today, though, it was fun to realize that I'm going to miss much of what we're talking about, because I'll be on to the next thing in my life.

2 comments:

SHMT said...

Yay! I'm so glad things went well. And they should think of you as a find, b/c you certainly are!

k-bomb said...

Well, it sounds like things are looking up! WAHOO!! I'm sure you'll let us know as things progress.

How exciting!