Thursday, August 23

when it rains...

So - opportunities keep piling on...all temporary at this point, though. The job at the seminary that I thought was going to work out a couple of months ago has become vacant again. This time they want me to take it - with salary and benefits. The snarky part of me wants to simply say, "you had this opportunity two months ago and passed - your loss." Another part of me thinks "benefits!" I have plans to go to SoCal in two weeks to check out the opportunity down there, so I'm not comiting to anything until after that trip, but I'm talking to the VP on Monday...we'll see.

I'm off to Oregon tomorrow - I really feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants on this one. I don't have much of an idea of what I'm doing, but I'll give it my best shot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! I know the promise of a full salary AND benefits is a huge draw... will be praying for discernment for you! peace, caitlin

SHMT said...

Well, if you're flying by the seat of your pants, at least it means you're wearing pants! :-)

k-bomb said...

I think Sarah has it right with the whole pants thing. Good luck anyway!

ktjhawk said...

A funny thing about the pants...I was excited to find a Dairy Queen (since they seem to be non-existant in my part of CA), and got a small blizzard to enjoy on the way to the airport. The girl put a lid on it so by the time I opened it there was much melting and I dripped all over the pants that I did, in fact, have on. So, I pulled over, cleaned the car and me, and then changed my pants in the backseat of my rental car.

AdelpheBre said...

you have mad pants changing skills, yo. :)

all pants comments aside, I'm happy for the benefits carrot they are offering you... it's proof you really do know everything...